Summer Read-a-Thon Materials
Happy Summer! Our 2nd Annual Read-a-Thon has begun!
Please choose your grade, and remember to put first and last name in! Please be careful not to disturb other classmates’ entries!
- Rising 5th Grade Share
- Rising 4th Grade Share
- Rising 3rd Grade Share
- Rising 2nd Grade Share
- Rising 1st Grade Share
- Rising Kindergarten Share
- 2017-18 Family Friendly School Year Calendar
- Family Handbook 16-17 (update 050417)
- School Food Information
- Myschoolbucks account setup – to pay for your child’s school food. We are located under “T” for The Peck Slip School
- Blue Card 2017-18
- Dismissal Routine K-5
- Dismissal Routine Pre-K
- School Food Application – for all families, whether your child eats school food or not
- Media Consent
- 2016-2017 Bus Sign-up
- Class Trip Permission Form
Medical Form For All New Students:
Medication Administration Forms (MAF): for any student that might need medication during the school year. These forms are to be filled out by your child’s pediatrician; the parent/guardian signs the back of the form in the appropriate places.
1. Non-Allergy Medication form for any student who may need daily medication that must be given during school hours (eg: ADHD medication).**** The Office of School Health does not give herbal medications and any medication given, even if over the counter (e.g. Tylenol), must have a MAF form to go with it. Antibiotics are not given in school.
2. Allergy Medication Form for any student who may have allergies to nuts of any kind and may need to be given Benadryl. This form should also be used if your child is prescribed an Epi-pen, or needs eye drops.
****If you child has seasonal allergies (pollen, trees), any OTC medication (Claritin) can be given at home.
3. Asthma Medication Form for any student that has asthma (even if he/she does not use the pump frequently, it is recommended that there be one at school).
4. Diabetes Medication form: If your child is a diabetic, please contact Nesha Hall, our school nurse at (212-312-6277). The procedure required for this form is different than the other three.
Academic and Parenting Resources:
- NYC Department of Education Resources
This link offers homework help resources that you might find valuable during the school year:
You can also sign up here for email newsletters about NYC Schools breaking news (including snow alerts), events and other topics: http://schools.nyc.gov/Subscribe/default.htm
- Child Mind Institute
This website has a wealth of valuable information for parents looking for advice on a variety of topics. Here is a link to their Parents page: https://childmind.org/guide/parents-guide-getting-good-care-2/.
- Great Schools
This is not just a website comparing schools; it also has a wealth of information on many parenting and child development topics, and organizes the information by age group and grade. You can sign up for weekly tips by grade that will automatically be emailed to you. This link will take you to the Elementary School section. http://www.greatschools.org/elementary-school/
- Ask Dr. Sears
This website offers information and advice on all aspects of children and parenting- this link will take you to an article on how to keep our kids healthy as the school year begins. http://www.askdrsears.com/news/sears-family-blog/five-back-to-school-health-tips
2017/2018 School Year:
- Coming soon