Kindergarten 2017-2018 Enrollment Information
The Department of Education is sending out offers for Kindergarten this week (week of March 6, 2017). If you receive an offer for a Kindergarten placement at The Peck Slip School for your child, please schedule a preregistration appointment between March 13 and April 7 by clicking here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0445ADAF22AAFF2-kindergarten10 . Please do not call the school to schedule an appointment.
Once you have secured your appointment online, you will need to bring the following things with you to the appointment:
- Your child
- His/her birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate
- His/her Immunization and health records
- 2 Proofs of Residency from the following list:
- Lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.
Want to see if you live in the Peck Slip School zone? Click here for the DOE address finder http://schools.nyc.gov/SchoolSearch/
Applying for Admission
Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten Families need to fill out an enrollment application with the New York City Department of Education during the annual application periods, which have already ended for for the 2017-2018 school year.
You can access the applications and more information here: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/default.htm
Families living in the Peck Slip zone desiring admission for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade should contact The Peck Slip School directly for information.
The Peck Slip School welcomes families during Open Houses in the Fall. Check back here in October for tours for the 2018-2019 school year.